Friday, November 20, 2009

The Business Of Heart Shaped Potatos, Marigolds and Toilets

I have recently set up my own business selling greetings cards which I design and print myself. In an effort to get better site traffic and hopefully some sales I have been signing up to any and all directories, business networking and social networking sites.
After a week of this, I finally get round to sorting out my blog. It's been a marathon of data entry in various data fields and if I didn't know where I lived before I certainly do now!

So as I understand it this is where I can tell you all about me and what I've been up to, things that have annoyed and frustrated me and things that make me laugh and cry. If any ones interested that is. I thought I would start by telling you about myself but that just seems boring and like the first assignment you get in primary school after the summer holidays, so I'll tell you about something completely different and we'll go from there.

Today I set a heart shaped potato in resin flecked with gold glitter. What an unusual thing to be doing on a Friday, although it sounds like a gentile pass time for a lady of Herefordshire I can tell you I wouldn't recommend it. The stuff I had to use had so many HAZCHEM signs on it if I had one I would have dusted off my old radiation suit, instead I opted for every housewife's trusted chemical hazard protective clothing and donned a pair of marigolds (rubber gloves, not the garden flower, that would be stupid). Needless to say, though my hands were protected the stuff absolutely stank and had to be relocated to the garden shed from its original outside toilet position. Yes we still have an outside toilet! Our house is an old Victorian terrace which boasts an outside toilet, though if you are ever lucky enough to visit I wouldn't recommend as it has become Des res for the local wildlife of the eight legged variety, if you do happen to pop by and are desperate, bring your own marigolds, radiation suit optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment